Based on a proactive management strategy, the Aeon Group (Aeon Co., Ltd. and its consolidated subsidiaries) is progressing with the consolidation and decommission of its retail outlets in response to changes in the environment surrounding its locations. In FY2018, the Group made capital expenditures of ¥495,630 million, mainly in the Shopping Center Development Business.
- In the GMS Business, the Group opened 4 new stores and closed 9 existing stores, while renovated existing stores to suit the local demographics of each neighborhood. Capital expenditures in the business totaled ¥82,269 million.
- In the Supermarket Business, the Group opened 63new supermarkets and closed 51 existing stores, and opened 20 new discount stores and closed 3 existing stores.The Group operated 5,449 Ministop stores worldwide as of the end of 2018 fiscal year.
The Group continued to aggressively opened small-size urban My Basket stores,bringing the total to 765 outlets at the end of 2018 fiscal year. Capital expenditures in the business totaled ¥75,080 million.
- In the Health & Wellness Business, WELCIA HOLDINGS CO., LTD. opened 128 new stores and added 81 stores by acquiring shares and acquiring business and closed 24 stores. WELCIA HOLDINGS CO., LTD. aggressively bolstered to build the dominant position and expanding the store sales channels. Capital expenditures in the business totaled ¥23,801 million respectively.
- In the Financial Services Business, companies including Aeon Credit Service Co., Ltd. and Aeon Bank, Ltd. continued to invest in a next-generation computer system to facilitate the diversification of customer needs and expanding customer volume. Capital expenditures in the business totaled ¥34,655 million.
- In the Shopping Center Development Business, Aeon Mall Co., Ltd. and its consolidated companies opened 4 new shopping centers and refurbished 8 existing shopping centers in Japan. In overseas, the Group opend 3 new shopping cheters. Capital expenditures in the business in Japan and in overseas totaled ¥178,243 million and ¥38,802 million respectively.
- In the Services and Specialty Store Business, Aeon Fantasy Co., Ltd. aggressively opened new outlets and renovated existing outlets. Capital expenditures in the business totaled ¥23,397 million.
- In the International Business, the Group opened 6 new GMS stores (4 in China, 1in Malaysia and 1 in Cambodia), and 12 supermarkets (4 in China, 3 in Malaysia, 2 in Cambodia, 1 in Vietnam and 2 in Myanmar. Capital expenditures in the business totaled ¥30,802 million.
- In Other Operations, the Group bolstered its Digital business. Capital expenditures in the business totaled ¥920 million.
- Regarding capital investments in the pure holding company and product supply companies, capital investments totaled ¥7,656 million.